Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team as Accounting Specialist.
About the role
Be part of the role movement – and play your part.
The role as Accounting Specialist is placed at DFDS headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey, and will report to the Accounting Manager.
Key Skills & Competencies Required:
• Conducting accounting procedures in accordance with the legislation
• Running daily accounting operations.
• Controlling and recording the invoices received for the activities carried out in the company in accordance with the internal control procedures
• Periodically preparing reports of various institutions and organizations
• Management of the E-Invoice portal and posting the invoices into proper accounts in accordance with the contents of invoices,
• Calculation and reconciliation of the provisions under his/her responsibility at the end of the month closure process, both before and after the preparation of the trial balance,
• Experienced in Revenue Administration reporting regarding Value Added Tax Return Processes,
• Process checking of the balance sheet accounts under his/her responsibility, and elimination of discrepancies,
• Issuing analyses and summary reports from the journal and side systems related to Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts,
• Supporting Ba-Bs (Purchase Statement-Sales Statement) processes,
• Recognition of payments in foreign exchange in accordance with the legislation, and doing end-of-month evaluations,
• Supporting the accounting department in all other duties.
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. If you think you have this mindset, we invite you to meet with us.
The ideal person for this position will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting (international duties preferred),
• Good command of General Accounting and Cost Accounting
• Good command of written and spoken English,
• Expertise in MS Office Applications,
• Excellent communication & problem-solving skills,
Working at DFDS
Join the movement and grow with us.
While you’re with us, we want you to develop and move yourself on. We’ll encourage you to challenge yourself to acquire new skills and perspectives.?
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience, and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Hanife Turan on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Akdeniz Bölgesi (Mediterranean Region)
Expected start date:
Select department below in order to start your application: