Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team as Scrum Master.
About the role
Be part of the role movement – and play your part.
DFDS IT Development builds IT solutions that creates digital customer experiences and enhances the customer journey. We take pride in being in close collaboration with the stakeholders to reach our goals. Our belief system is based on agile principles and good craftsmanship. We respond quickly to the change that is constantly disrupting and challenging the way we work. DFDS IT Development is part of the DFDS IT organisation that totally counts +200 people spread over multiple locations within Europe, whereof 170 people are part of IT Development.
Working with IT Development teams and business partners in our freight and terminal organisation, you ensure consistency using Agile methods and approaches. We are a group of 29 very experienced C# developers and testers and 10 business consultants working on large-scale booking/invoicing and warehousing/gate operation applications. We are split into two teams, co-located in İstanbul where you also will be located.
Reporting to the IT development manager, you will work in close cooperation with the Scrum Masters across all business units and have main Scrum Master responsibilities over two Scrum teams in İstanbul.
It is your job to guide and coach the team on Agile software development values and principles to improve the agility at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation. Furthermore, you will participate in the wider Scrum Master community to support Scrum adoption, enabling continuous improvement throughout the company.
Key Skills & Competencies Required:
• You have a strong Agile background with at least 3 years of experience with both experienced and novice teams,
• You display Agile expertise, understanding and applying the Scrum framework and Kanban practices,
• If you have a Scrum Master Certification qualification (CSM/PSM) and practical experience using VSTS, this is an advantage,
• Utilising your excellent communication skills and initiative, you can promote ideas and guide teams towards sound process decisions,
• You can manage multiple priorities and tasks, all while seeking out new opportunities to make a positive impact. Moreover, you are a skilful facilitator with the ability to work both autonomously and as an integral part of a team,
• Your excellent interpersonal skills allow you to work seamlessly with a large variety of people
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. If you think you have this mindset, we invite you to meet with us.
The ideal person for this position will have following qualifications:
• Constantly provide support for the teams, proactively identify and removing obstacles
• Promote collaborative, self-organising teams
Apply core Agile software development principles to support a great team environment
• Enable the adoption of Agile software development practices
• Help teams understand the importance of transparency, radiating information within and outside the team
• Be enthusiastic about continual improvement
• Provide pushback as required
• Clear impediments for the team to help them meet their goals
Working at DFDS
Join the movement and grow with us.
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience, and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Hanife Turan on email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Akdeniz Bölgesi (Mediterranean Region)
Expected start date:
Select department below in order to start your application: