Intermodal Operations Center Specialist
Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? Are you looking for a position in which you can set direction and help shape our company? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team as Intermodal Operations Center Specialist in Troisdorf Germany.
We are a transport and logistics company providing the safe, reliable and efficient movement of people and goods - more than 11,000 colleagues, all committed to transforming our business into a greener and more digitised operation. We are proud of our role as part of the critical infrastructure serving customers and communities across Europe and further afield.
Be part of DFDS and be part of the movement.
DFDS successfully expanded its intermodal activities during 2022 and has set ambitious targets for future growth. To drive that growth, we now seek a customer driven person with intermodal operational experience for our Intermodal team in Troisdorf Germany. This position will include the capturing of invoices and follow up with the relevant customer.
- Scheduling and dispatching of intermodal transports
- Monitoring of train movements
- Control and planning of intermodal connections
- Entering and maintaining data in Transport Management System
- Ensuring maximum utilisation of existing capacities
- Customer service (order management and complaint handling)
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. If you think you have this mindset, we invite you to meet with us.
The ideal person for this position will have the following skills, experience and education.
- Completed education as a freight forwarding and logistics agent
- Good geographical knowledge
- Several years of experience in intermodal/rail transport
- Good written and spoken English
- Proficient standard in MS Office IT skills
- Independent and structured way of working
- Strong customer/service/cost awareness
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility, commitment, and initiative
- Willingness to work shifts
- We offer a job in a stable, professional and world-leading ferry logistics company
- Diversity & inclusion is on top of our minds everyday
- We care about sustainability and are volunteering
- We have additional benefits package for health, studies, travel
- The day is never boring with DFDS, and always full of different challenges
- Together we learn, develop and celebrate
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Hanife Turan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.