Customs Manager Germany
Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? Are you looking for a position in which you can set direction and help shape our company? If so, then you could be the newest addition to our team as Customs Manager Germany
We are a transport and logistics company providing the safe, reliable and efficient movement of people and goods - more than 11,000 colleagues, all committed to transforming our business into a greener and more digitised operation. We are proud of our role as part of the critical infrastructure serving customers and communities across Europe and further afield.
Be part of DFDS and be part of the movement.
DFDS successfully expanded its customs activities during 2021-2022 and has set an ambitious target for future growth. To drive that growth, we now seek a commercially driven person with managerial experience for a newly established position as Customs Manager with a specific focus on setting up our customs activities and growing our customer base in Germany.
In the position as Customs Manager, you will be leading the establishment of our German customs department and will be driving the process from the very beginning. You will be responsible for the start-up process including applying for authorizations, building the customs team and implementing operationally efficient customs handling processes aligned with the strategy of DFDS Customs.
- work closely with the local managers during establishment of our customs offering in Germany
- day-to-day operations of the German customs team once established
- growing the customer base through collaboration with both local and global sales and operational teams
Skills, experience, education
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in international trade compliance
- Experienced in EU Customs administration, law, regulations, and policies from applying for Customs Licenses, AEO (Authorized Economic Operator), and Customs Operations reporting
- Experience in building and leading a customs team
- Implementing operationally efficient customs handling processes
- Have a collaborative disposition with demonstrated best-practice, knowledge sharing and idea generation
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in German and English
- Well-developed project management skills
- Proficient standard in IT skills including D365 ERP, MS Office, and reporting and management tools to create reports, proposals and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in International Customs & Trade, Economics, Logistics, or equivalent diplomas
- We offer a job in a stable, professional and world-leading ferry logistics company
- Diversity & inclusion is on top of our minds everyday
- We care about sustainability and are volunteering
- We have additional benefits package for health, studies, travel
- The day is never boring with DFDS, and always full of different challenges
- Together we learn, develop and celebrate
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Sven at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.