DFDS operates 3 shortsea routes and 30 weekly intermodal connections (rail, barge) out of Belgium. Ghent, where DFDS Belgium also operates a multimodal terminal, operates 6 sailings per week to/from Gothenburg. Once per week Brevik in Norway is also called. In Zeebrugge DFDS operates 4 sailings per week to/from Gothenburg and 1 sailing per week to/from UK & Norway. The Customer Service & Operational Management for these activities are located in Ghent and we are now looking for a new Business Development Manager to strengthen our BU North Sea North sales team.
The Business Development Manager main responsibility is to retain and develop business with existing and potential customers. These customers can be industrial players, cargo-owners, shipping lines, logistics companies, multimodal operators,…
Besides direct customer development, this function also entails the development, introduction and implementation of new products and business lines.
In both scenarios, the BDV leads coordination between commercial, operational planning and operational execution during the implementation of a new customer, new product or new business line. End to end ownership of assigned business lines and continuous improvement is required. Both from a yield perspective as well as from a quality perspective.
Networking internally and externally are key to grow market knowledge and actively manage your customers and stakeholders.
Travelling and meeting customers/stakeholders in Continental Europe and Scandinavia is required
DFDS Belgium is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager A challenging responsibility to develop business for the DFDS network and local multimodal and terminal activities on our locations in Gent and Zeebrugge Where DFDS provides a variety of daily terminal & intermodal services
You will be a part of the Ghent Management team and report to the Managing Director
- End to end ownership of assigned activities / segments/ industries, in particular industrial customers (cargo-owners). Market research, initiating contact, identifying pain, developing solutions and securing the business.
- Drive development and improvement of developed activities on scope, yield and quality
- Provide and follow up rates, biddings and quotations to (potential) customers
- Visit (potential) customers regularly and anticipate yearly KPI and rate reviews. Log visit reports and follow-up action points
- Ensure customer requests are handled in a timely and professional manner creating and sustaining customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Respond promptly to queries and follow up on all complaints and problems as a representative and ambassador of the company
- Drive overall focus on client needs; coordinate improvement across operational planning and execution
- Sales and Business Development processes have to be aligned with DFDS Way of Selling and strategy
- Promote all “value-added” service possible to the customers
- Communicate in a structured and diplomatic way with Terminal Operations, Gate, Shipping Logistics and Sales Department
- Propose/suggest/implement structural improvements and savings in all matters to ensure the department’s efficiency & cost effectiveness. This by securing a strong cooperation with the customer service and operations.
- Take initiative, and drive change where required
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French language. Additional languages are a plus
- Proven experience within a transport/logistics environment – strong operational background required
- Proven sales record
- Highly skilled use of Office software packages
- Preferably, to bring in new sales leads and an existing network from the industry
- Excellent social skills. Our internal stakeholders are skilled & knowledgeable, so it is important that you have the right interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and result-oriented
- High energy, drive and motivation to support the companies growth and development
- Sefl- Starter, ability to work independently and take ownership
What does DFDS offer
You will be working in a dynamic environment for a leading shipping & logistics company in Europe and the port of Ghent
• DFDS Culture : Customer driven, teamwork and continuous improvement are in our DNA
• Fulltime contract for an unlimited period
• A competitive salary with extra legal benefits like company car, fuel card, hospital insurance, group insurance and meal vouchers of € 8
• Internal and external training available to improve different types of skills
• Opportunities to develop yourself, your colleagues and your customers. And if the ambition is there, opportunities to grow within the DFDS Group
• DFDS is a strong company with a strong focus on corporate responsibility values
Oost-Vlaanderen - Flandre Orientale