DFDS has since its foundation in 1866 built a unique infrastructure of ferry routes connecting European countries with each other as well as with Turkey. We mostly transport freight units on the routes in addition to around 5 million passengers in normal years.
We also offer logistics services rooted in the regions served by our ferry routes. They range from door-door transports of full-loads to complex solutions for major industrials.
DFDS France is looking for an Operation’s Manager to lead a team of freight forwarders and transport coordinators in Boulogne sur Mer, France. This is a dynamic office which provides a service to customers in a quick paced and time sensitive environment.
Role & Responsibilities :
Education and experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position
- National and International CPC (French equivalent)
- Operators Licence (French Equivalent)
- Freight Forwarding Experience
- Account / Customer Management
- Fluent English (the role is dealing with UK hauliers)
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
- Proactive and autonomous
- Knowledge and experience of UK / EU Salmon and Seafood Industry transport
- Problem solver / Solution Driven
- Sound geographical knowledge of the UK / Western Europe
This role will principally be Monday – Friday working with the occasional weekend covering annual leave / sickness - Remuneration: according to profile and experience, executive status
- Work organization: annual days package with allocation of JRTT (rest)
- Position based in Boulogne/mer, Legal Entity DFDS LOGISTICS SARL