DFDS is rolling out Microsoft Dynamics D365 as our new ERP system across all legal entities at multiple locations across Europe. We are looking for an experienced and pro-active Release Manager, who can take ownership of the release management concept and processes.
Make good use of your skills in a diverse environment of highly competent people
As Release Manager you will be part of a very competent, international and ambitious ERP Programme team that will implement the D365 Finance & Operations in more than 120 entities all over Europe.
You will get great insight into the application landscape at DFDS and work with internal and external Developers, System Architects, D365 F&O Consultants as well as Finance and Procurement specialists.
You will get a direct, transparent and empowering manager who enjoys everyday fun and a good social atmosphere. You will be part of the Technology and Innovation Division and located in the ERP Programme team, alongside other domain managers in the Programme.
The Release Manager owns the release management concept across the ERP Programme and is responsible for release process design, optimization and policies. Release management oversees the overall process by which the various environments are updated, upgraded and maintained. This includes all types of change across infrastructure, applications and operations in D365.
The Release Manager works directly with the functional workstreams of the programme and needs to ensure that the standards are kept and procedures are followed thoroughly throughout the programme.
The Release Manager will be the gatekeeper of the environments and will be responsible for building roadmaps based on multiple rollouts and requirements, setting the environment guidelines, along with provision and management of environments (release, refreshes) through the application lifecycle.
- Develops, monitors and enforces release management processes and policies.
- Provides support to the programme and workstreams, as well as to implementation partner, service providers etc, by coordinating and providing release management consultation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in release management including the environment and branching strategy.
- Coordinates release program and scoping activities (for example, securing that relevant assessment of features have been conducted across workstreams, testing completed with an assessment of release production worthiness) designed to provide key stakeholders with pertinent information.
- Acts as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring conformance to policies (e.g. Management of Changes/Enhancements) and operational processes/procedures, release integration testing and production validation.
- Defines and agrees on a release management strategy with programme team, third parties and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains the forward plan for the release schedules (release calendar) and cycles across the organization.
- Drives the management, scoping, coordination and acceptance of all releases, including deployment into production.
- Ensures environments are maintained, clean, and remain well managed.
- Ensures adequate checks are in place and completed ahead of any release (production) - including managing any risks that affect the release scope.
- Ensures consistency between environments is maintained, specifically for the Microsoft D365 stack including the ISV’s and their internal compatibility.
- Ensures that contingency plans are in place and properly executed, provided that incoming major releases from Microsoft have a considerable impact on legal entities using D365.
- Manages the communication with all relevant stakeholders from end-users to functional/product owners.
Key Skills & Experience
- Change and Release Management experiences for both Agile and Waterfall project releases.
- Solid MS Dynamics 365, MS Azure knowledge and DevOps Experience.
- Agile Release Management, Agile delivery Experience.
- A strong and confident communicator, able to manage internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Project management expertise - creation and maintenance of plans, risk mitigation and issue prioritization etc.
- Experience with application and SaaS development release processes.
- Experience creating detailed production implementation plans and performing mock dress rehearsals in a production release environment is desired.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please contact Constantin Catalin Popescu on firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the position. The position will be filled as soon as possible.