£35,000 - £40,000
Following a significant increase in work, including many new projects, we are looking for a Customer Engagement Manager to join our existing team based in either Newcastle or Dover. We’re flexible on either location as there will be a requirement to regularly travel for face-to-face meetings & workshops when required. Our Engagement Teams are spread across Europe in Lithuania, Denmark, Norway, Holland, and the UK, so we really are a multi-cultural group working together as a global passenger communications team.
The Engagement Marketing team is responsible for driving passenger marketing activity across languages and locations through all digital engagement channels including email, mobile, database, social, blog and influencer activities. They are a positive, optimistic, and energetic team of like-minded individuals, each with their own skill sets, working together towards a common goal. As the Customer Engagement Manager, you will be working agile, with a strong focus on our customer needs, being responsible for the strategy, development, and optimisation of the automated communication channels for our transactional customers. This will be primarily, but not limited to, email and app communications, across multiple languages and routes and will include, the likes of booking confirmations, post booking, pre and post departure communication flows.
The successful candidate needs to be an experienced email marketer with an understanding of customer engagement and behaviour with a passion for data and the latest CRM technologies. Naturally excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, integrated with an exceptional working knowledge of industry best practice tools, technologies, and processes, including Google Analytics and ESPs. The ability to have a collaborative “agile” approach to working is key, as you will work alongside other departments within Marketing, Passenger, and wider functions across the group. You will be responsible for driving incremental revenue from communication flows and achieving set KPI’s.
Key Responsibilities -
• Ensure a ‘test and learn’ approach to content and processes.
• Analyse data to determine ways to optimize performance to improve conversion and retention.
• Collaborate closely with the Engagement Marketing team to ensure content synergy across channels that maximises customer retention and acquisition.
• Work closely with Digital Marketing Specialists for support with route knowledge and objectives, and with implementation and maintenance of the transactional automated processes.
• Lead or support on wider business projects as customer engagement expert, supported by Digital Marketing Specialists.
• Represent Engagement Marketing within T&I (Technology & Innovation) projects in the development/onboarding of marketing technologies, including but not limited to a CDP (Customer Data Platform).
• Reporting and attribution to demonstrate the impact of transactional customer communication flows on the wider Passenger business and sharing its influence with the wider organisation.
• Utilising customer insight and business learning's to inform strategies and executions.
We’ll need you to come in and hit the ground running so we are looking for a skilled marketing professional with 3+ years’ extensive experience in CRM activity and content strategy. Possess a strong background in using automated processes to engage customers and drive positive ROIs, with a keen commercial focus, combined with excellent working knowledge of email marketing and database engagement, to optimise the customer journey driving commercial results. Experience of multiple language digital marketing activity across email, SMS, and CRM activity is required, as well as data analysis & tracking. It is desirable that you have a Marketing, Digital or Business degree or professional marketing qualification.
If this sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you, then please get in touch
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!
Talent Acquisition Team