Are you looking for progression in a dynamic and forward-thinking company and have an outstanding attitude to working safely in an incredibly busy environment?
DFDS are looking for a Toplift Operative to work on their North Terminal in J Gang at Immingham. This will be a 4on 4off shift pattern, working between 0815-2015. You will be responsible for handling and preparing all cargoes during working operations of any allocated Ro-Ro, Lo-Lo, conventional vessels and any / all associated Terminal activities. The role will be accountable to ensure that all operations are carried out correctly and in accordance with any legislative requirements and Company policy in a safe and efficient manner.
The earning potential for this role could be £24,332.10 - £27,381.90
- Handle equipment with the use of Reach Stackers/Forklift Trucks Tugmaster and any other associated DFDS Plant.
- Tally cargo, check for any anomalies.
- Check all mechanical handling equipment is in working order and that daily defect reports are completed.
- Plug and unplug temperature-controlled units as directed.
- Handle all cargo for storage, warehousing, or any other purpose, within the Terminal area,
- Segregate hazardous cargo and always handle hazardous cargo correctly.
- Examine cargo to check for damage, discrepancies, hazards etc.
- Report any damage to cargo, plant, or equipment as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Use of Terminal Computer Systems (GTMS)
- Lashing and Securing Cargo.
- Manual Handling.
- Ensure the Terminals are kept clear, clean, and safe for working at all times.
- Ensure all aspects of ISPS security controls according to Department for Transport (Maritime Security Compliance) legislation are carried out in the correct manner.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards at all times.
- Ensure all mechanical handling equipment is in full working order and that daily defect reports are completed.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn as required.
- Ensure that all safe systems of work are followed and that you have read, understand, and signed all relevant procedures.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- To be as flexible as possible to suit the needs of the business.
- Ensure all associated Damage forms/Accident injury forms etc. are completed before the end of the shift and information is thoroughly forwarded to Team Leaders, Supervisors and/or Operational Management.
- Identify operational problems and either resolve them or recommend solutions.
- Ensure all equipment is returned to the correct area after use. (Reach Stackers/ Forklift Trucks /Tugs, ramps, lifting gear etc.)
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required using them to make a positive contribution to the business.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!