Responsible for the transport operation at Chesterfield, ensuring the delivery of a high quality and cost-efficient service to customers. To plan, co-ordinate, manage, review and report upon the work activities of the team to ensure we meet the expectations of our employees and customers.
At Chesterfield, we work on behalf of a major Frozen food retailers with close links to other DFDS sites and contracts based throughout the UK. Our aim is for a high performing team who deliver great service to our customers in the most cost-effective solution possible.
- Ability to effectively and continuously manage all transport activities based to and from the Peterborough site.
- Drive improvement towards delivering a first-class service to our customers, ensuring all deliveries and collections are on time.
- Ensure all operational movements are completed professionally, on time and to the customers satisfaction – monitored through robust KPI’s
- Ensure drivers are compliant to all legal working directives and the Health & Safety of our employees and the customers employees is always maintained to a high standard.
- Actively build and develop relationships with our customer.
- Work closely with the drivers, planning, warehouse & outlying depots to co-ordinate the transport operation.
- Responsibility of site transport compliance.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Ensure we are briefing and debriefing our drivers.
- Ensure all IT systems are kept up to date for tracking and invoicing.
- Full UK driving license
- International CPC and H&S qualification.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Lead staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Dynamic and able to work in a fast-paced operation.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Adaptable and Flexible.
- Leads by example.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer focused.
- Experience with managing a team.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW