Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role…..Our Equipment and Asset Management Team based in Immingham are in search of an Equipment Controller to join their team to help them with the essential task of the planning and control of cargo carrying and securing equipment around our group network, while maintaining the highest standards of safety, efficiency and service. You will need to be proactive and a team player who is confident communicating with a wide range of different internal departments and customers.
Reporting directly to the Equipment Supervisor you will be working as part of a team of 4 to ensure that the cargo carrying and securing equipment are kept track of, guaranteeing everything is maintained to a satisfactory standard – both legally and operationally. You will work closely with all Routes and Terminals to plan, deploy and control equipment as required to support the smooth operation of our business.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data and reports.
- Perform regular analysis of fleet deployment in line with the forecasted needs of the business, adjusting accordingly.
- You should be aware of and constantly alert to organisational requirements for health and safety, legal stipulations, quality management and general duty of care.
- Co-ordinate transfer of equipment, ancillary items and spare parts between terminals, vessels, workshops and third parties globally.
- You should actively monitor and coordinate damage repair and maintenance cycles for equipment, procuring the necessary spare parts to ensure the workshops are resourced for these works.
- Identify and discuss with Management any operational peaks where equipment may not be immediately available. Give advice on equipment types and suitability to the business requirements.
- Support the quoting and planning of High & Heavy cargo types. Coordinate activities of the Administration function as necessary to enable accurate processing of invoices. A working knowledge of Phoenix, GTMS and Sertica systems would be advantageous
Key Skills Required…
- Strong problem-solving skills, looking to resolve any issues and pro-actively identify any potential problems that may arise.
- You should have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with external and internal departments
- IT Literate
- Experience within an Equipment team would be beneficial but not necessary. Transferrable skills will also be considered.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW