Who are we? With over 600 employees, an annual turnover of £65 million, DFDS Seaways are amongst the largest Roll on Roll off Shipping and Terminal Operators in Europe. In Felixstowe we service 3 DFDS vessel arrivals and departures every day and move more than 265,000 Units through Felixstowe every year.
The Role. Communicating clearly and efficiently with internal departments, customers, and external agencies so that problems can be resolved as efficiently as possible.
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri, 8 hr shifts on a 6-week rotation. Includes Days, Evening and Nights, and one Tue to Sat day shift.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements….
- Process all bookings received in a timely efficient manner.
- Promptly & efficiently handle all customer enquires & communicate these & solutions to colleagues and management.
- Ensure consistency in approach to solving problems using Customer focused principles.
- Assisting Customers with Customs clearance queries and use of systems eg “Destin8. “
- To safeguard and enhance the service level offered by DFDS and surpass client expectations.
- Deal with queries from Port of Felixstowe and Immingham Terminal staff promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure customers whose trailers are turned away are informed in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Receive and process DGNs into bookings and check stowage, segregation, and compatibility.
- Liaise with Port of Felixstowe and/or Immingham Terminal on out of gauge and heavy equipment requests & shipments.
- Ensuring drivers are treated with courtesy and respect.
- Checking passports in and updating details in Phoenix prior to driver entry to terminal
- Ensuring vessels depart early, or on time as per guidelines.
- Ensure Import cargo information is transferred correctly into port systems.
- Provide support for Vessel masters and crew and follow up requests made. E.g., arranging taxis for crew changes
- Complete spreadsheets to various customer requirements and send to them as agreed individually.
- Work towards upholding DFDS principles including but not limited to, Customer focus and the DFDS Way
- Participate and uphold the DFDS principles in relation to health and safety
- Anything else that may be required from time to time by management.
Key Skills Required….
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards always.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- European/Eastern European Language skills are an advantage but not essential.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW