Technical Solution Architect for Azure and D365
In DFDS, we are in the process of digitizing our back office. The largest project in this process is the implementation of a new ERP system for Group Finance, HR and Procurement. We are in the early phase of implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 FO, and we need someone to carry forward the design of the solution and its surroundings. Are you an expert in the field, do you want to ensure that our new ERP system has the impact it was envisioned to have, then this role is for you!
Our solution includes D365FO and D365HR along with multiple ISVs replacing our current finance system Visma amongst other back-office systems and 70+ integrations. We will also have integrations and applications built around the ERP system on the Azure platform, and they will fall in your areas as well.
This is a great opportunity for you to put your mark on the system landscape in a large, international enterprise. Design the solution, the framework in which it lives, and support us in our journey for a composable, event-driven architecture.
To be more precise on what you can expect as our new Technical Solution Architect, it will be your responsibility to:
- Ensure that technical solutions in the ERP project are aligned across the different functional and IT tracks and that the most optimal technical solutions are designed and implemented.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for the technical design of the ERP solution and the Azure framework.
- Ensure good cooperation with Vendor Technical Solution Architect, other internal architects, and External QA.
- Ensure that the DFDS Enterprise Architecture strategy is being followed when decisions in ERP project are made.
- Work closely with functional and IT project managers, IT Track Leads, key stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Participate in workshops and meetings that requires technical knowledge, to secure that all decisions in ERP project is aligned with DFDS roadmap for enterprise architecture and technical roadmap.
- Provide technical clarification and design of the different phases in the ERP project.
- Cooperate with the Vendor Technical Solution Architect on technical issues and coordinate with IT Track Leads on issues that need technical expertise.
We are agile... Are you?
We are working agile in Technology & Innovation. As the agile principles are very defining for our culture and way of working, you need to either have experience with working agile or at least to have the interest in following the principles and the Scrum/Kanban method.
Let us turn the focus to you
To be considered for the position, we expect that you hold a bachelor- or a master’s degree of IT/science and that you have professional experience with the following:
- In-depth knowledge of the Azure platform and D365FO/HR suites. You master the dataverse, you can design LogicApps and PowerApps, you understand the security model, infrastructure and DevOps, and you are most likely a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Demonstrated success in an architect role.
- You understand business requirements and know how to translate them into technical requirements.
- You can build proof of concepts and demo possible solutions and directions for ERP and the Azure platform.
- Personally, you are structured, process oriented, and have great communication skills (oral and written) in English.
About DFDS and Technology & Innovation
As a key part of our strategy, DFDS’ Technology & Innovation teams are instrumental in providing efficient ferry and road transport services in Europe. DFDS employs 8,000 people ashore and at sea throughout Europe and the Mediterranean region, including 340 highly dedicated Digital and IT experts.
At DFDS, we believe that digital technologies, and the pace of their adoption, are key driving forces in changing the ways businesses work. Hence, IT Architecture & development is strategically important in the continued journey and success for DFDS. This position holds a fantastic opportunity to influence the way DFDS will be conducting business in the future and offers you an excellent opportunity to further enhance your career path.
To learn more about what our colleagues have to say about working in DFDS, and our technological journey, look at https://www.dfds.com/tech.
Are we a match? Apply now!
If you want to look back on your career and know you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. Submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible as we are going through the applications on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions to the position, please contact Tribe Lead Jonas Holstein at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated confidentially.