Who are we… We Move for All To Grow and at DFDS our people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talent, provide challenge and opportunity for personal growth and development and do it in an inclusive way to get the best from everyone. We take great pride empowering our people to make a real difference. Join our team and be part of our success as one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… We are currently looking to recruit a Terminal Warehouse Operative to handle all cargo within the Terminal/Warehouse areas safely and efficiently. The shifts patterns will vary and they will cover a 7 day operation.
- Load, discharge and stow cargo as required.
- Tally cargo, report discrepancies.
- Receive and deliver cargo, safely, to and from vehicles.
- Handle all cargo for storage, warehousing or any other purpose, within the Terminal area.
- Segregate hazardous cargo and always handle hazardous cargo correctly (under supervision of qualified person).
- Examine cargo for any damage.
- Report any damage to cargo, plant, or equipment to Management.
- Operate translifter, Tug, Forklift Trucks and other machinery as required.
- Load and discharge vessels with cargo safely.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards always.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required using them to make a positive contribution to the business.
- Ensure all mechanical handling equipment is in full working order and that daily defect reports are completed.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn as required.
- Ensure that all safe systems of work are followed and that you have understood and signed all relevant procedures.
- Maximum tax-free payments on all subsistence allowances
- Up to 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW