DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 8,200 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Digital Marketing Specialist
For our Marketing Distibution Team we are now recruiting a Digital Marketing Specialist. The ideal candidate understands how to create appealing content and has good knowledge of the travel market, has a broad understanding of digital marketing and can manage multiple projects at the same time. The role will be based in IJmuiden (NL).
- Driving direct digital distribution activity across languages and locations through performance marketing channels (PPC, SEO, affiliates, digital media)
- You will specialise on defined digital marketing channels to optimise performance but have the flexibility to support across the full digital marketing mix when required (including PPC, SEO, affiliate, display, email, website, app & social)
- Supporting Head of Distribution & Distribution Managers to execute initiatives & activities across the distribution performance mix
- Develop campaigns and implement effective initiatives to acquire & retain customers through digital performance channels as part of agile teams
- Ongoing development of all performance marketing activities working closely with Managers for continued improvement
- Report, analyse & optimise performance marketing channels on a daily basis to improve overall passenger business performance
- Leading projects, channels and initiatives outlined in the distribution roadmap
- Working with all distribution marketing agencies/suppliers and affiliate networks
- Proactively supporting managers to work towards specifically outlined objectives across the Distribution strategies
- Research, awareness and identification of new developments and trends within the Digital Marketing industry for continual expansion, growth and improvement, individually and for the brand
- Ensure campaigns and projects across marketing are fully supported within the distribution performance marketing activities
- Work across marketing functions to ensure distribution activity is integrated & aligned with other functions
- Supporting colleagues in Technology & Innovation function to ensure effective digital marketing tooling and technology
- Collaboration across the Digital Marketing Specialist community
Profile: Skills, experience, education
- Skilled marketing professional with 2+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing channels (ideally in PPC, SEO, affiliates and digital media)
- Good knowledge & understanding of broader digital marketing channels
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have strong Dutch and English language skills
- Have clear attention to detail
- Ability to combine analytical insight with creative execution
- Understanding & awareness of digital marketing tools and reporting suites (Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook Business Manager, Marin, etc)
- Positive, optimistic, and energetic to join a team of like-minded individuals, each with different skill sets, working together towards a common goal
- Collaborative approve to working - the ability to work alongside other departments is key, within Marketing, Passenger & wider functions across the group
- Understanding or previous experience of agile ways of working in a marketing or martech environment is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of travel and digital marketing industries is desirable
- Experience of multi-language marketing activities is desirable
- Marketing, Digital or Business degree or professional qualification is desirable
What do we offer?
- Being part of a success
- Dynamic, fun and changing working environment
- Diversity - both in business, job functions and colleagues
- A company grounded in history
- High focus on employee engagement
- Free travel (on all our routes)
- Discount in our On Board (Duty Free) Shops
Are you interested?
If you have questions to the position please contact Josh Boyes (JOBOY@dfds.com).
All applications will be treated confidentially. Please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND no later than 10 July 2021.
Expected Start Date: