Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
We are a HR Team based in Immingham. You will be joining an experienced team of HR Professionals who together look after the HR requirements for the whole of the UK and Ireland.
The Role… We are currently looking to recruit a Regional HR Advisor to provide high quality HR policy and process support, advice and guidance to stakeholders at all levels within the business.
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, you will be part of a team of 4 regional HR Advisors for the UK, primarily based at Immingham, with regular travel to our Peterborough, Lowestoft, Coventry and Wisbech locations.
You will need to create and maintain strong sustainable working relationships with the management teams to support and enable achievement of business objectives.
- Providing robust advice on specialist and/or generalist HR issues and case management including (but not limited to):
- Data Subject Access Requests
- TUPE in / out
- Capability & Performance
- Family Leave
- Absence management
- Attending interviews & supporting managers with the hiring process and fair selection.
- Inductions for new colleagues, supporting managers with onboarding.
- Meaningful MI and statistics for your areas and recommendations to address any trends including absence, performance & turnover concerns.
- Create and deliver training to the business to help develop our staff.
- Enabling HR branding initiatives and engagement of our colleagues, ensuring our people feel valued.
- Project Management, including continuous improvement, organisation design and change management.
- Union relationships and negotiations.
- Managing conflict and relationships, responding to any queries or problems and managing expectations.
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Passionate and people centric
- Change ready & resilient.
- Flexible and dynamic.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Unphased by ambiguity with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong demonstrable experience of HR policy and practice.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with stakeholders and colleagues of all levels.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Great communicator, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable delivering presentations & public speaking.
- Strong eye for detail able to identify trends and interpret data.
- Clean, UK driving licence.
- Experience working with Zellis and Dynamics 365 is an advantage, but not essential.
- Ideally CIPD qualified (level 5) or qualified by experience (5 years+)
- A strong track record of continued professional development.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional organisation and communication skills with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.