DFDS is Europe’s largest and the most reliable integrated shipping and logistics company with more than 8,000+ employees in 20 countries. We have quite a long history to share - the company was founded in 1866 and is headquartered in Copenhagen.
In 2013, one of DFDS branch - DFDS Polska was established in Poznan as the group’s finance and accounting Shared Service Centre. Our Poznan office now employs approx. 300 staff and covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions in 20 European countries as well as specialist areas in Indirect Taxation, Cash Management, Master Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Continuous Improvement and Customs & Compliance.
We have a unique Scandinavian work culture and we develop to be the best organization to work in. Together we achieved a lot of success and one of them took place in 2017, when DFDS Polska was named the winner of the ABSL Business Leader in Business Excellence Diamond Award.
Now it’s your turn! Sail with us - share our story and build yours!
Currently to our Customs & Compliance Department we are looking for:
Role purpose: an experienced and skilled Customs Manager will assist with the management of custom and corporate compliance across the entire company, ensuring that all processes are correctly adhered to in order to deliver the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction.
• Manage both customs and trade compliance across the company, ensuring that all global regulations are understood
• Responsible for determining Customs classifications and regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.)
• Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams
• Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and recommendations for improvement
• Ensure that company’s controls, policies, procedures, processes and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly
• Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements
• Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing trade compliance policies
• Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so
• Ensure all customer authorisations are valid and kept up to date
• Excellent understanding of Compliance and Customs regulations
• An excellent knowledge of export and import controls is essential for this role
• Adept with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence across the organization and work in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision
• An energetic personality with a proven ability to structure, coach, guide, manage and motivate
• Excellent English language skills
What we offer:
• Working in Scandinavian company where openness for multinational environment and culture of continuous improvement are key values
• Key leadership role in DFDS Polska management team
• Possibility of participation in several programs of top talent support and development
• English, German language classes provided by native speakers from well-known prestigious school of foreign languages
• Social package of benefits including multi-benefits cafeteria platform (sport cards, tickets, vouchers for a variety of shops)
• Full medical care including dental care and holiday insurance
• Office located in the heart of Poznan (Rondo Kaponiera/Most Teatralny)
• Remote work during a pandemic
• Flexible working hours
• Unique benefit – free travelling with DFDS ships
Interested to hear more?
I would be happy to tell you more about the position, our company and chances for you to grow at DFDS Polska!
Please contact me: Agata Kaczanowicz – mobile: 780 110 283, email@example.com and let’s talk!
Expected Start Date: