Who we are… DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 8,200 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
The Role… Based in Newcastle (North Shields), this is a fantastic opportunity to join a global team of sales operation specialist managing group bookings across our passenger network in Europe. The successful candidate will be fluent in Dutch and English and be responsible for handling new bookings and administering existing group bookings from third party B2B customers including travel agents, tour operators and leisure groups primarily based in Netherlands.
Responsibilities will include…
- Making group reservations and handling enquiries for our business to business and group customers across our routes.
- Efficiently handling of back office tasks including allocation adjustments (wash), manifest entries, payments and finalising of bookings.
- Delivering a great end to end customer experience for our customers.
- Supporting the delivery of agreed targets and KPI’s.
- Ambassador for DFDS (follow the brand and tone of voice).
- Close collaboration particularly with colleagues within sales operation and the wider field and business sales team as well as other stakeholders including finance, product and revenue management.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge incl. products portfolios, vessels, internal systems, digital processes, and web developments.
- Build excellent relationships with key customers, internal stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure the ‘one team’ mindset to support the wider tasks in the sales operation team in times of high volume.
- Participate in ship meetings, tours of vessels and key agent review meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure contact with customers in periods of TIP situations and provide adequate guidance and support.
- Ensure the ‘one team’ mindset is part of our culture to support the wider tasks in the sales operation team in times of high volume.
Key Skills Required…
- Travel industry experience preferred but not essential.
- Team player.
- Structured way of working with good planning and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to be agile, flexible and self-motivated.
- Prefers to act rather than react.
Interested? Apply now…. If you have a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, please submit your CV and application to the Recruitment team as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like more information about this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org