Who we are… DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 8,200 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
The Role… Based in Newcastle (North Shields), this is a fantastic opportunity to join a global team of sales support specialists supporting our travel agents and third party customers booking passengers on our ferry routes. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering fantastic customer support to our partners and internal stakeholders. This will include providing exciting point of sale, testing products, trouble shooting problems and ensuring our B2B web presence is inspirational and accurate. Experience of API’s and digital skills would be an desired but not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has previous Customer Service experience and is looking to take the next career step in this field.
Responsibilities will include…
- Supporting our travel agents and third-party customers with technical, product and invoicing support.
- Support the field sales team with presentation materials as required, contract templates, product set up, commissions, point of sale and other back office support.
- Support our finance teams with agent payment resolutions where appropriate.
- Contribute to global processes for efficient customer support for travel trade customers in need of assistance i.e. agent web login, password resets, rate set up, account queries and system issues.
- Support educational trips, trade exhibitions and events where appropriate in conjunction with field sales colleagues.
- Contribute to process mapping for key tasks to align activities and streamline processes across borders.
- Ensure Best-Practises are shared.
- Contribute to the development of an SOP for sales and back office functions.
- Conduct robust product testing as well as troubleshooting product issues.
- Ensure that SLA’s are maintained.
- Ensure a unified way of working with CRM.
- Use Iterable as a key communication tool to sales customers.
- Base your work on value over volume and make sure to prioritize all work on contribution of the different segments, nationalities, and customer types.
- Contribute to our goal to work smarter with reduced manual work and thereby growing efficiency YoY
- Collaborate closely particularly with the global sales team but also with all other stakeholders including finance, product and revenue management.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about products portfolios, vessels, internal systems, digital processes and web developments
- Build relationships with key customers and other relevant players in the different markets.
- Ensure the ‘one team’ mindset is part of our culture to support the wider tasks in the sales operation team in times of high volume.
Key Skills Required…
- Genuine interest in people and strong people skills
- Strong in processes and optimisation of processes.
- Structured way of working with good planning and customer service skills.
- Excellent English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment
- Keen attention to detail.
- Natural interest in how new technology can help improve the business.
- Willingness and ability to be agile and flexible.
- Prefers to act rather than react.
Interested? Apply now…. If you have a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment, please submit your CV and application to the Recruitment team as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like more information about this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org