The DFDS Group offers European Ferry and Logistics solutions since 1866. The group operates in two divisions: the Ferry Division (Operating ferry routes for Passengers & Freight and Terminals) and one for Logistics (Door to door transport solutions and other logistics solutions). DFDS has 8000 employees in 20+ countries. The company is headquartered in Copenhagen and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen.
Finance Business Partner
Do you want to be in the centre of a changing and growing European Logistics company? Where you will be the sparring partner of the management and can use your financial and analytical skills to maintain and improve the business every day? Then we are looking for you.
The finance department of DFDS in Belgium is looking for a Finance Business Partner for its Logistics company located in Gent. The ideal candidate is analytical, financially strong, but also wants to understand the business and can communicate and achieve results on all levels. You will be the sparring partner for the business management from operational to financial items.
Your roles and responsibilities include the following:
• Improve and support ongoing internal reporting, both historical (monthly, quarterly, yearly results) and budgets/forecasts.
• Driving performance management by Identifying, preparing, combining and interpretation of relevant operational and financial parameters.
• Variance analysis reporting related to warehousing, transport, intermodal and 4PL activities, including ad-hoc reporting and future predictions
• Participate in continuous improvement projects related to new initiatives/business as well as existing ones.
• Business development activities including tracking, support and follow up to local strategies and investment cases
• You will report to the Managing Director Logistics NV.
• You have a strong analytical background
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a previous financial position as (business) controller or comparable. Preferably in logistics, where experience in 4PL setups is a pro.
• You are critical minded and you have a logical way of reasoning,
• You can combine financial and operational data and communicate on both levels
• You are IT-minded and excel has no secrets for you,
• You have good communication skills (Dutch, English and French is a plus) and can work in a team across cultural and national differences,
• You are proactive and can work independently
• You are outgoing, friendly and have a personal drive. Moreover, you are responsible, understand the importance of keeping deadlines and have a good sense of humour.
We offer you an interesting workplace, working in a financially strong company with growth ambition and focus on social responsibility. You will get to work with many different professional groups and colleagues.
Lisa van hende
Telephone: +32 09 255 94 94
Mobile: +32 477 98 43 43