Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… This vacancy is within the DFDS team based out of Peterborough. This role will consist of overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the Business Unit with an expectation to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Admin, to optimise the Business Unit’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that the company financial system is robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop the Business Unit finance and admin team.
- Work with the senior team to grow the business formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Present the monthly accounts to business units management team.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Ensure the company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, equity, acquisitions and disposals are met as appropriate.
- Ensure that the forecast is monitored and revised in conjunction with the Business Unit requirements.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including our financial service centre, customers and advisors.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Be a commercially astute, articulate and influential leader with the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Monday - Friday, 08.00 - 17.00
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to email@example.com and we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.