The DFDS Group is a leading European shipping & logistics group operating own vessels, terminals, trucks, warehouses, trailers and containers throughout Europe. A strong focus on the development of employees, customers and services makes DFDS a great workplace that keeps you challenged and motivated.
A vacancy has arisen for a Chief Accountant at our Terminal in Trieste Port (Italy).
The resource will join our finance and accounting department and will directly report to our Finance Manager.
Main tasks and responsabilities
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations;
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries;
- Coordinate with all departments to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines;
- Evaluate accounting software and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements;
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions;
- Prepare and assist tax declarations of the company;
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed;
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations;
- Assist in generating financial reports and statements to Managers for review and assist in budgeting.
Education and required skills
- Master degree in accounting, business, economics, finance;
- Minimum 5 years experince in accounting/finance department;
- Excellent knowledge of both Italian and English language;
- Time management skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Positive leadership skills;
- Experience in people management;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels;
- Team player;
- Proactive and autonomous;
- Microsoft Office (Excel in particular);
- Extensive knowledge in fast-paced technologies and accounting programs.
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application or send it by e-mail to email@example.com. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
The selection is aimed at candidates of both sexes puruant to Legislative Decree 198/2006.
All applications must be accompanied by the authorization to process personal data and will be managed pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/03 "Code regarding the protection of personal data" and GDPR (UE Regulation 2016/679).