DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,500 employees are located on ships and in offices across 21 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
We are now looking for a fulltime addition to our Sales Organization in the Valencia office
The company DFDS Seaways is looking for a local Sales Representative within Ferry Freight Market for the Area of Portugal y Galicia (Spain)
You will be responsible for maintaining the actual clients portfolio, generating leads, developing new market and meeting sales goals.
Duties will include sales presentations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients, reporting the sales activities on weekly bases to the area manager.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills.
Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions and negotiations.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients.
-Preparing and submitting sales offers.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintaining client records.
- Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability.
Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field.
- Experience in a sales role is an advantage.
- English and Spanish Knowledge at high level spoken and written are necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Competency in CRM.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced
- Available to travel on weekly bases.
For most roles that DFDS advertises, DFDS is fairly flooded with applications, so make sure you stand out from the crowd with a covering letter that sells your enthusiasm & why you’d be a great asset to our team…but be yourself! We want to know your past successes so make these jump out in your application. And, most importantly, don’t forget to let us know why you’d love to work for DFDS.
Please submit your CV and application in English to: Susanne.Hamelink@dfds.com