For our Logistics Division in Vlaardingen we are looking to hire an Operations Manager.
Who are we At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role As Operations Manager you will be responsible for the "Profit & Loss" related to the activities in Trailers. Main purpose is to drive commercial development and operational optimization following the commercial development. The activities are to be developed in cooperation with the "Principals" in different countries.
Challenge of the Job
- To ensure top quality service and development to all stake holders, customers and Principals/Partners.
- Develop new profitable traffic flows both import as well as export to both markets.
- Ensure constant conversion of cargo from road/trailer solutions to intermodal container and swap solutions via truck, rail, barge and ship.
- Support already existing flows and develop with new and innovative solutions to improve quality, margins and customer satisfaction
Special skills required:
- Extrovert with strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all types of internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with flexibility to do what is necessary to get the job done also by working via others.
- Self-starter who will drive and continuously improve the business, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Financial skills (budget minded/" thinking with the wallet")
- Good negotiations skills can sense when extra revenue can be achieved.
- Market knowledge European door/door – intermodal and or trailer
- Leadership experience and strong organizational skills, including multi-tasking ability.
- Comfortable in international business environment requiring multi-cultural acceptance
- Fluency in spoken and written Dutch and English.
What we do for you We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested? Please send your cv and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will evaluate the candidates on an ongoing basis.
Expected Start Date: