.NET Developers for our Gimsby office in UK
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, international company that is paving the way towards the best ferry and road transport services in Europe?
If you are a solution driven person who enjoys using cutting edge technologies when solving problems, then join DFDS and become part of our digital journey.
We are investing heavily in digital technologies which will create a fantastic customer experience through a company-wide digital transformation driven by smart data, automation, modularisation and connectivity.
At this exciting and innovative time, we are looking to expand our agile backend development teams. The ideal candidate is a solution driven backend developer who can bring fresh ideas to the table and is not afraid to think outside the box.
You will work as a software developer in an agile team, where you’ll be using your skills and education to design, build and run the best possible new solutions. You get a scrum master to help guide the process and a product owner to represent the business’ needs and objectives. You will be a key player in changing our existing software applications towards our new reference architecture, which is event driven, API first components running in the cloud.
We expect you to:
- Follow the Agile principles
- Design code which is highly available using Cloud first
- Using a microservicearchitecture which leverages reusable components
- Utilize understanding of continuous integration and deployment
- Maintain excellent code quality and automatization
- Work according to the Scrum or Kanban methodology
- Engage, coordinate and collaborate activities within and across agile teams
We value your craftsmanship higher than our stack, but knowledge and practical experience with the technologies and architectures we use is an advantage.
- .NET Core
- AWS and Azure development
- Docker and Kubernetes
- REST API
- Relational databases, e.g. MS SQL Server
- NoSQL databases
- Azure DevOps and Git
More than just a job:
- You will be part of a dynamic Digital & IT division of around 250 dedicated colleagues
- We highly value team autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Diversity – in business, job functions and colleagues
- We are very passionate about building an agile culture and mindset.
As a key part of our strategy, DFDS’ Digital & IT teams are instrumental in providing efficient ferry and road transport services in Europe. DFDS has over the last year generated record operating profits and is building a strong Digital & IT organization to support innovation and growth. DFDS employs 8,000 people ashore and at sea throughout Europe and the Mediterranean region, including approximately 250 highly dedicated Digital and IT experts.
If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you.
Submit your CV and application in English and we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
If you are left with any questions to the position please contact Kristina Andersen, IT Talent Acquisition Consultant at +45 9137 4207 or email@example.com.