The Role… A vacancy has arisen at DFDS Seaways PLC in Immingham for a Timber Transport Planner within the Shipping Logistics (Freight Forwarding) division. Reporting to the Manager you will provide direct customer service, acting as a link between suppliers and customers within the UK, from quotation to delivery. Also ensuring the customer receives the best possible service and that the suppliers’ own reputations and interests are also maintained. Hours of work will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a degree of flexibility will be required should operations dictate.
- Minimum 2 years knowledge of transport environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible and committed attitude.
- Previous experience of the timber industry is desirable
- Maintain service standards and retain business by responding promptly to customers’ requests for quotes for products and delivery.
- Follow up all quotes to secure firm orders from customers.
- Check and acknowledge all orders. Where applicable enter order details onto suppliers’ own systems.
- Create accurate documentation so that all shipments can be transported and delivered as soon as possible.
- Monitor the status of each shipment throughout the shipment process so that customers can be kept informed. Always let customers know when their deliveries are due.
- Complete stock checks to ensure that deliveries are complete and correct.
- Negotiate with domestic transport to secure the best delivery prices. Arrange stock deliveries from the port to the customer according to customer requirements.
- Liaise between the suppliers and customers regarding any complaints or queries.
- Check suppliers invoices to make sure that they correspond to delivery records. Update all systems.
- Keep accurate records so that invoices, reports and statistical information can be produced.
- Be aware of any potential claim for loss/damage and assist the claims department with any potential/auctioned claim.
What we do for you… You will work in an interesting workplace as a key person within in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and for the right candidate there will be great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Interested? Apply now! If you have exceptional strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV in English by clicking 'Send Application', no later than Wednesday 24th October and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.