DFDS Holland is looking to hire an IT support Engineer.
As IT support Engineer you ensure that calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately. Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium. You will install and configure PCs and associated peripherals and software.You will support the service desk manager, IT manager and CIO in their responsibilities in the service management domain.
You will be based in Vlaardingen.
- To provide technical support to telephone, email and service desk tooling requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- To redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT Support Department.
- To pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- To contribute to ensuring that the Service Desk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly.
- To deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the company policy.
- To install and configure software to agreed standards under the direction of the company policy.
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the company policy, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- To co-operate with and support other members of the department develop their skills and knowledge.
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- To assist in the compilation of the Support Centre's technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- To liaise with colleagues in all Support and Technical Development teams to ensure continuity of service for all users.
- Always provide a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- To undertake such projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the post, as designated by the IT Manager.
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- To develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with all members of IT Department.
- To conform with Company standards and guidelines with respect to information systems.
- To perform the creation of new accounts using company provide software tools.
- Attend other sites to provide IT support as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers providing IT Products & services to the business.
Knowledge we expect you to have:
- Microsoft Windows 10 PRO and enterprise
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Networking
- LAN Patching
- Wireless Support
- Basic PC hardware repairs, parts replacement etc.
- Remote desk support
- Experience with PC imaging tools
Are you well spoken in English, experienced in IT support and cannot wait to start working for an international company with lots of opportunities?
All applications will be treated in confidence. If you are interested in the role and feel you can fulfil the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English by clicking Send Application no later than November 15th. 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
Expected Start Date: