DFDS Seaways is looking to hire a Customer Service Employee, located in Vlaardingen.
As a customer service employee you are responsible for receiving and handling bookings on a day to day basis with a high focus on quality and a good service towards the customers. Build up and maintain a good commercial relationship with our customers.
Ensure the day to day operations in the Agency department are handled efficient and accurate.
- Process bookings with accuracy and in accordance with customers’ requirements and according to a “fair allocations” policy towards customers.
- Stimulate and promote B2B bookings.
- Actively pursue volumes to fill the ships.
- Ensure all external as well as internal customer requirements are met in time.
- Assist in invoice queries.
- Handle customer complaints/questions with care.
- Create voyages in the system accurate and timely.
- Check hazardous cargo on segregation and enter accurate in the system.
- Make sure vessels depart and are loaded according to daily tactical route meeting.
- Communicate required documentation towards relevant Authorities.
- Handle sailing job sheet with care and accuracy.
- Assist internal departments when required.
- Administrate voyages and report departures in Portbase system.
- Administrate harbor dues in Portbase when required.
- Other husbandry tasks like ordering of bunkers and sailing schedule.
- Coordinate and arrange ships equipment (“Mafi”/”Lot’s”) between other Agencies and Terminals to ensure efficient flow to meet demand at all times
- Ensure customer requests are handled in a timely and professional manner creating customer intimacy and loyalty.
- Maintain a high level of customer service attitude within the team at all times.
- Drive overall focus on client needs.
- Respond promptly to queries and follow up on all complaints and problems as a representative of the company.
- Work in conjunction with sales departments to support sales initiatives and customer service requests.
- Promote all “value-added” service possible to the customers.
- Communicate smoothly with Terminal Operations, Gatehouse and Sales Departments.
- Inform all parties and customers involved about delays or other matters related to their shipments timely.
- Communicate with internal and external customers constructively and in the most professional way to meet customers’ expectations.
- Propose/suggest/implement structural improvements and savings in all matters to ensure the department’s efficiency & cost effectiveness.
- Protect the company’s profile and image.
- Take initiative, and drive change where required.
- Ensure constant care in all matters.
- Handle all DFDS Seaways related tasks if requested by employer.
- MBO+ level.
- Knowledge of English and Dutch both verbal and written.
- Microsoft Office
- Hazardous cargo documentation
- Good Interpersonal and communicative skills
- Commercial attitude
- Hands-on and pro-active attitude
The position is fulltime and placed in Vlaardingen, the Netherlands. The position is based on shifts.
Interested? Apply Now
All applications will be treated in confidence. If you are interested in the role and feel you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English by clicking Send Application no later than November 1st. 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.