Do you have a drive to continuously strive for excellence?
DFDS Logistics BV in Vlaardingen, Holland is looking to hire a Planner/forwarding agent for our Freight Management department.
As planner/forwarding agent, you will perform all commercial, operational and administrative tasks related to freight forwarding. Weekend and evening phone duties are part of the working hours.
Your role and activities include the following:
- Purchases and sales of loads.
- Purchases of charters
- Responsible for rates for Spot loads regarding part loads/full loads/specials, oversized, rush orders etc. through whole Europe.
- Manage and guide drivers with own equipment.
- Problem solving
- financial responsibility for charging out and calculating driver orders.
Knowledge and Specifications
- Geographical knowledge of the trading areas.
- Commercial awareness.
- Market knowledge
- Basic knowledge of local logistics legal restrictions/issues
- Basic knowledge of driving/rest hours
Training/ special skills
- Persuasive skills
- Proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills/team player
- Excellent communication skills Dutch, English, written and oral. / German is an Pre,
- Good numeracy skills and accuracy
- Good drive and enthusiasm
- Problem solving mindset/ability to manage conflicting priorities
- No 9 -5 mentality
- 2-5 years’ experience in planning and expedition.
This is an exciting challenge with a lot of responsibility. You will be part of an informal and attractive working environment with personal development opportunities.
Please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND later than 30th April and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.