The Role… A vacancy has arisen for an Operations Assistant at DFDS Seaways PLC based in Immingham. The role is to assist the Steel Terminal Supervisor in the smooth running of all operational activity on a day to day basis and give support with basic administrative duties as required. You will assist in obtaining accurate information in regard to vessel berthing, working and sailing times so that operations can be scheduled and prioritized allowing you to review and re-allocate resources if needs and monitoring priorities. You will be proactive and always striving to improve, looking for and recommending any new methods of working to improve efficiencies or reduce costs.
Hours of work will be 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be required should operations required.
Responsibilities and activities:
- Assist in supporting and advising the foremen to help them to plan ahead and to resolve any operational problems.
- Where appropriate, contact customers and agree how problems can be resolved satisfactorily for all parties.
- Liaise with administrative staff to ensure that all operating and service standards are achieved and maintained.
- Understand about risk assessments and their importance in the workplace.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required using them to make a positive contribution to the business.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
We are looking for applicants that have good attention detail, used to working in a busy environment with excellent interpersonal skills. They must be able to communicate well both orally and written, with the determination to go the extra-mile. Knowledge of the industry would be beneficial.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English no later than 21st March 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.