We are looking for:
Transport Planner, DFDS Logistics BV in Holland
As a part of the DFDS Group’s continued growth and development, we are looking to appoint a Transport Planner in Holland, for DFDS Logistic BV in Vlaardingen. You will be a part of the local container planning team in Vlaardingen.
Your Tasks will be:
- Keep the transport management systems updated within the functions of transport
planning, such as collections; deliveries; shipment; driver orders and equipment
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships
- Allocation of jobs to drivers whilst maintaining open channels
- Awareness of market developments of competitors/suppliers
- Receiving, processing and creation of bookings
- Ensuring Area to Area balance on a daily basis and keep empty running at a minimum by
finding positioning and domestic loads
- Ensure customer requirements are on-time with appropriate equipment utilized and/or
seeking alternatives to meet requirements.
- Proactively manage the business KPIs and update accordingly.
- Actively improve processes and bring about functional efficiencies (e.g. B2B)
Knowledge & Specifications:
- Geographical knowledge of the trading areas
- Market knowledge
- Full knowledge of local logistics legal restrictions/issues
- Knowledge of hazardous cargo regulations
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding market
- CMR legislation
- Commercial awareness
- Preferable awareness of customs regulations
- Dutch and English written and verbally is a must, preferable German as well
What do we offer?
We offer a job with daily challenges with exciting tasks within Planning. If
you are the right candidate, you will have the possibility of defining the
position within the given framework. We have an informal work environment with
a team with a range of profiles.
If you have questions to the position please contact HR tel. 010-2084203. All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfill the expectations, please send your CV and apllication letter no later than april 30st. and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
Please send your cv and motivation to email@example.com