In 2013, DFDS Polska was established in Poznan as the group’s finance and accounting Shared Service Centre. Our Poznan office now employs over 200 staff and covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions in 20 European countries as well as specialist areas in Indirect Taxation, Cash Management, Master Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Continuous Improvement. In 2017, DFDS Polska was named the winner of the ABSL Business Leader in Business Excellence Diamond Award.
Currently we are looking for Candidates for the position of:
Developer (Continuous Improvement Team)
Continuous Improvement Developer will be a part of local Continuous Improvement Team which supports accounting Teams in DFDS Polska but will also have regular contact with Colleagues from IT/BI departments in Copenhagen. The successful Candidate will be responsible mainly for developing accounting tools. Good knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, relational databases (MS SQL Server, T-SQL) are the main requirements for the role. It is a brilliant job opportunity if you have already some experience as a developer and would like to enhance your coding skills in programming for corporate finance & accounting environment.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop your coding skills in various projects regarding tools supporting finance and accounting
- Possibility of participation in several programs of top talent support and development
- English, German, Danish and Polish language classes provided by native speakers from well-known prestigious school of foreign languages
- Social package of benefits including multi-benefits cafeteria platform (sport cards, tickets, vouchers for a variety of shops)
- Partial tuition reimbursement of accounting-related studies and certificates
- Unique benefit – free travelling with DFDS ships
- Full medical care including dental care and holiday insurance
- Office located in the heart of Poznań (Rondo Kaponiera/Most Teatralny)
- Possibility to co-shape and create a culture of continuous improvement in moments of change and growth of structures and service
- Developing accounting tools in C#/.NET
- Taking part in projects regarding desktop, web, and tools development
- Improving existing tools within the area of Finance & Accounting with focus on SSC present processes
- Coordinating maintenance, distribution and education of financial policies and procedures
- Driving change towards globally harmonized processes and best practices
- At least 1 year of work experience in developing in .NET, C# or in other languages if you are a fast learner
- Work experience in relational databases (MS SQL Server/T-SQL in Management Studio)
- At least 1 year of work experience in Visual Studio with C#
- Drive and passion about .NET/C# and interest into developing skills in those languages
- Very good English skills (at least C1 level)
- Ability to build a good working relationship within the Team
- Ability to set priorities, manage time efficiently and take ownership for tasks and processes
- Continuous improvement mindset
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfil the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND APPLICATION no later than 31st January 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an on-going basis.
Please include in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment processes under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended”.