DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… We are looking for a dynamic, highly capable and self-motivated Driver Trainer, for DFDS Logistics based in Grimsby. The Driver Trainer will be responsible for providing continued support to employee drivers, dealing with infringements, assessments, inductions and training. The candidate will work closely with the Transport Management Team.
- Provide continued support to drivers in respect of drivers’ hours, WTD and record keeping requirements
- Carry out annual assessments of drivers
- Carry out inductions of agency drivers and new employees
- Provide additional training for drivers and new trainees when required
- Provide support with accident investigation and re-assessment/training of drivers following blameworthy accidents
- Familiarisation and utilisation of the Mandata Web Services system and phone applications.
- Review results from driver telematics and work with the drivers to deliver improvements in MPG, engine idling etc.
- Support the Management team with development and review of Health & Safety, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Ability to deliver Driver CPC training
- Any other reasonable duties
Qualifications and Specifications
- CPC Qualification with excellent knowledge of Drivers Hours and WTD.
- Full, Class 1 Licence.
- RTITB Qualification in assessing HGV (Desirable)
- Computer literate to a good standard with experience on Word and Excel
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Proactive, enthusiastic individual with a flexible attitude to working hours and role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dedicated team spirit.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional transport knowledge, with a passion and drive for success please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor by clicking 'APPLY' to submit no later than 27th January 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.