In 2013, DFDS Polska was established in Poznan as the group’s finance and accounting Shared Service Centre. Our Poznan office now employs over 200 staff and covers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions in 20 European countries as well as specialist areas in Indirect Taxation, Cash Management, Master Data, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Continuous Improvement. In 2017, DFDS Polska was named the winner of the ABSL Business Leader in Business Excellence Diamond Award.
Currently we are looking for Candidates for the position:
Master Data Junior Analyst with English
Master Data Analyst will have daily contact with Customers and Vendors, as well as with Local Business Units within the country specific area. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationship and will play partner role with Stakeholders as a Member of Master Data Team. Strong attention to details, analytical mindset as well as customer-driven approach are key expectations for the role.
What we offer:
- Working in multinational Scandinavian company where inclusion, open dialogue and culture of continuous improvement are key values
- Possibility of participation in several programs of top talent support and development
- English, German, Danish and Polish language classes provided by native speakers from well-known prestigious school of foreign languages
- Social package of benefits including multi-benefits cafeteria platform (sport cards, tickets, vouchers for a variety of shops)
- Partial tuition reimbursement of accounting-related studies and certificates
- Unique benefit – free travelling with DFDS ships
- Full medical care including dental care and holiday insurance
- Office located in the heart of Poznań (Rondo Kaponiera/Most Teatralny)
- Possibility to co-shape and create a culture of continuous improvement in moments of change and growth of structures and services
- Holding full responsibility of Master Data maintenance and administration of customers’ and suppliers’ accounts
- Confirming of supplier’s details (mail/phone)
- Contacting with different departments within DFDS locations in Europe
- Promotion of own ideas for improvements and harmonization of the process
Join us if you have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience within customer service/ banking sector/ data administration and maintenance area - preferably in SSC/BPO environment or at least good understanding of this business sector
- Very good MS Excel skills
- Good English language skills (at least B2 level)
- German/French/Scandinavian languages’ command as a plus
- Very strong accuracy and analytical thinking skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to build a good working relationship within the Team
- Ability to set priorities, manage time efficiently and take ownership for tasks and processes
- Continuous improvement mindset would be an asset
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfil the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND APPLICATION no later than 31st January 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an on-going basis.
Please include in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment processes under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended”.