Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… We are on the lookout for a self-motivated, passionate problem solver who thrives in a fast paced logistics environment. As a Transport Planner in our Peterborough Office you will be working as part of a team of 3 to plan the transport for 600 to 700 moves weekly in Ireland. Communicate is key; be that to our customer, drivers or other DFDS sites across the UK and Ireland. You need to be accurate and organized and a real team player in order to help drive your department and company forward with its ever increasing successful reputation as Northern Europe’s largest integrated Shipping and Logistics Company.
- Successfully coordinate cost effective schedules, plan routes and organise driver rosters for collections and deliveries
- Effective Transport Planning using Velocity System (In house transport tool) & Excel
- Allocation of vehicles to the loads as booked by the customer, always considering the cost, customer service and equipment availability
- Regular tracking of vehicles
- Preparation of “Next Day” transport plan boards
- Liaise with colleagues in other DFDS sites regarding coordinated planning approach
- Liaise with hauliers regarding admin queries
- Assist in procurement of new hauliers and growing haulier data base
- Generation of weekly cost evaluation reports
- Help drive improvement towards delivering a first class service to our customers, ensuring all deliveries and collections are on time.
You will have strong administrative experience and be confident working with IT and Microsoft Packages. Previous experience in a fast paced planning environment would be preferred.
What we do for you… You will work in an interesting workplace as a key person within in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and for the right candidate there will be great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Your hours of work would be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility may be required should operations require
Interested? Apply now! If you have exceptional strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by clicking 'APPLY' to submit, no later than 27th January and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.