DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… We are currently looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Manager for DFDS A/S based in Immingham. The role is to manage a large & distributed team of technicians. You will be responsible for the delivery of IT support for multiple sites across the UK & Continent. To be considered you will have an excellent track record of leading a successful team and managing a range of technologies.
- Provide leadership & supervise team members in UK, NL, BE & FR.
- Provide technical support to team members, when required.
- Ensure continuous IT services are supported to the agreed service levels towards the organisation.
- Improve, update & maintain IT solutions according to policies for maintenance & security.
- Deliver new IT Services according to agreed governance structure and policies.
- Allocate & deploy resources within budgetary restraints.
- Ensure on-going training for the team members.
- Assist with recruitment, appraisals, disciplinary and other interviews.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and vendors
- Windows Server management 2008 R2/2012/2016
- Technical Knowledge – Windows, VMWare, Networking (LAN/WANs/Routers/VLAN's/VPN's/Wi-Fi), Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, RDS and Terminal Services
- IT Project Management Skills
- Infrastructure Background
- Solid networking knowledge - configuration and administration
- An Understanding of AV and Telephony Systems
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL best practice- ITIL v3
- Willing to travel, approx. 90 days per annum, travel to office sites/ships/venues will be required on occasion
- Experienced IT Supporter looking to take the next step in their career development
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you find the job interesting and you feel you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor bu clicking 'APPLY' to submit no later than 31st January 2018 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
If you want to know more about, the ‘DFDS Way and Behavior’ and our amazing employees please look at DFDS Connect http://www.dfdsconnects.com