Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a planning support role at DFDS Logistics Services Ltd based in Peterborough. The role is to assist the planning department to deliver a high quality service to our clients at all times through good control of the haulage fleet. This person should be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering a good customer service at all times.
Hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be required should operations required.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- This role entails being a member of a team controlling approximately 70 trucks / 85 drivers. Good communication skills are a must.
- Assisting the planning dept. in delivering agreed Service Levels to our client’s day in day out.
- Liaise with drivers and all other operatives in the chain, co-ordinate their requirements and deal with any queries
- Monitor delivery/collection schedules with drivers to identify problems
- Ensure that traffic sheets are accurately maintained.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Strong Teamwork with other colleagues to make sure that all deliveries and collections are effected in a timely manner
- And anything else that may be required from time to time by management.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to email@example.com no later than 15th December 2017 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.