DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
HR Manager UK & Ireland
We are looking for a skilled HR Manager who will provide hands on support to our business units in order to drive business results through people initiatives. The new HR Manager will collaborate with company leadership to build a best in class approach to the HR function. In short, you will help us continue to make the company a better place to work.
Alongside the team, you will be involved in all types of exciting and challenging HR projects at our various Seaways & Logistics locations across the UK and Ireland where we support over 1400 employees.
You will become part of a dynamic Group HR function, which are all skilled HR colleagues across Europe, and you will report to the General Manager, HR UK & Ireland. As DFDS is an international company, a large amount of travelling is to be expected.
We offer an exciting and multifaceted position with a competitive package including a number of interesting benefits.
Your tasks would include - but not be limited to:
- Managing a HR team, which is efficient, effective and motivated
- Working proactively with the management team on matters, which could influence employee policies, procedures or the day-to-day management of its people
- Designing and delivering training sessions on HR matters to develop local skills
- Advising, supporting and taking a hands on role in all TUPE, restructure and change related projects
- Taking the lead from a HR perspective on all complex employee relations issues
- Engaging with the various unions across different locations
- Working with the General Manager, HR to support the business on long term reward and retention projects
- Implementing Group HR processes and concepts
- Being proficient in employment law and providing professional advice and support to managers and staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. (For instance dismissals, severance agreements, conflict situations, long term sick leave and performance management)
You are an experienced HR Manager, who hassuccessfully managed your career within HR and demonstrated business understanding. You will have the ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and build effective working relationships across multiple sites. It is important that you are hands on and take initiative, and your experience is obtained from undertaking a wide range of generalist duties. You have good people skills, and thrive in improving employee engagement.
DFDS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected basis.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the job profile, please apply in writing, submitting your CV by clicking SEND application before 22nd December 2017. All applications will be treated in confidence. #LI-DL-1