Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Customs Clearance Agent at DFDS Logistics Services Ltd based in Immingham. The role is to deliver an array of HMRC services for both our internal agency customers and our external customers. This person should be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering a good customer service at all times as well as having an eye for detail.
Hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be expected when the operation requires. A duty phone will be issued and there will be a need for occasional weekend attendance.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- This role entails being a member of a small team however primarily working as an individual.
- Being responsible for all Import and Export clearances for our internal agency customers.
- Being responsible for serving external customers with a variety of customs activities.
- Credit controlling for VAT and Duty payments.
- Driving sales for our customs activities and premium services.
- Ensuring all invoicing and cost posting is done before presenting month end analysis.
- Managing transactions posted on our deferment account.
- To be available outside office hours for urgent calls and to assist in the solving of problems during this time.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and with Brexit looming there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you are a good communicator, have a have exceptional eye for detail with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please upload your CV and application in English no later than 30th September 2017 applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. #LI-DL-1