Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Transport Planner at DFDS Logistics Services Ltd based in Dublin. The role is to manage the cost effective planning of loads between Ireland and Europe.
Hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be required should operations required. Minimum of 2 years working knowledge in a similar role is essential.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- Effective Transport Planning using Velocity System ( In house transport tool ) & Excel
- Planning of daily timed collections
- Allocation of vehicles to the loads as booked by the customer, bearing in mind the cost, customer service and equipment availability
- Booking of delivery times at delivery points
- Regular tracking of vehicles
- Keeping drivers and customers informed on progress of transport delays and other relevant changes
- Preparation of “Next Day,” transport plan boards
- Liaise with colleagues in other DFDS sites regarding coordinated planning approach
- Liaise with hauliers regarding admin queries
- Assist in procurement of new hauliers and growing haulier data base
- Generation of weekly cost evaluation reports
- Any other duties within reason that may be requested by your Manager
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor by clicking 'APPLY' to submit no later than 22nd September 2017and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.