Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Transport Planner at DFDS Logistics Services Ltd based in Peterborough. The role is to deliver a high quality service to our clients at all times through good control of the haulage fleet. This person should be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering a good customer service at all times as well as constant monitoring of costs.
Hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; a high degree of flexibility will be required should operations required.
Principle responsibilities and activities:
- This role entails being a member of a small team controlling approximately 20 trucks / 30 drivers. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Making sure that the agreed Service Level to our clients is delivered day in day out.
- Ensure that all documentation and/or reports related to all shipments is dealt with accordingly.
- Liaise with drivers and all other operatives in the chain, co-ordinate their requirements and deal with any queries
- Monitor delivery/collection schedules with drivers to identify problems
- Ensure drivers keep within current legislative guidelines and are compliant with EC legislation.
- Ensure that traffic sheets are accurately maintained.
- To be available outside office hours for urgent calls and to assist in the solving of problems during this time.
- Expected to cover any shift requirements as necessary.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Strong Teamwork with other colleagues to make sure that all deliveries and collections are effected in a timely manner
- And anything else that may be required from time to time by management.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor, by clicking 'APPLY' to submit, no later than 22nd September 2017and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. #LI-DL-1