An opportunity has arisen for a planner in Imminghams Part Load team, reporting to the Distribution Manager.
This position plays a pivotal role in the business by providing timely deliveries and ensuring that all customer orders are collected, shipped and delivered in the most cost effective manner.
- Build loads and maximizing capacity of rigids and trailers delivering and collecting throughout the UK
- Ensure loads are planned and delivery routes are scheduled to make specific arrival dates for customers
- Liase with drivers, warehouses, customers and partners
- Track loads and work with our partners to ensure timely updates and the best quality of service
- You will seek to maximise profits whilst producing impeccable customer service levels, issue clear instruction and react to any changing situation that develops on a day to day basis.
Profile: The successful applicant will build and maintain a relationship with customers and colleagues both in the UK and overseas offices.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Geographical knowledge of UK
- Proactive and forward thinking approach
- Determined, competitive and “can do” positive attitude
- Knowledge and experience with KPI reporting
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all DFDS locations
- Dealing with all client issues/queries in a timely manner
- Understanding of working time directive and driver hours
- Must have good interpersonal skills and show attention to detail in following shipments from the point of the quote being accepted until the goods delivered and job invoiced.
- A CPC qualification is desirable
Hours of work will be 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday on a shift rotation (0600-1500 & 0930-1830) plus on call; a high degree of flexibility will be required should operations required.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND no later than 29th of September 2017. #LI-DL-1