DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn.
To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions.
For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services.
Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… We are looking for a dynamic, highly capable and self-motivated Planning Manager, for DFDS Logistics based in Warrington, The person should have sound commercial experience with a strong work ethic, having the ability to perform in a fast paced and diverse operation. This is an exciting position with the opportunity to work for a leading and forward thinking logistics company. You will be working closely with all internal departments and sub-contractors and be responsible for maximizing on time performance and KPI’s within your function. You will have relevant experience in a similar role, ideally with a background in operational management
- Drive improvement towards delivering a first class service to our customers, ensuring all deliveries and collections are on time.
- Ensure all operational movements are completed professionally, on time and to the customer’s satisfaction – monitored through robust KPIs.
- Work closely with all department managers to communicate customer requirements back to the traffic team.
- Actively looking at cost and quality.
- Manage, monitor and develop staff in order to ensure a high performing team that can meet the customer requirements and operational demands.
- Develop, maintain and improve cost and performance KPI’s
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by cicking 'APPLY' to submit for attention of Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor, no later than 22nd September 2017 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. #LI-DL-1