Who are we?
At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
A vacancy has arisen for a Team Leader - Transport/ Customer Service for DFDS Seaways PLC. The role is based in Immingham. To ensure that customers receive the best possible service and that their interests are always best served. To provide leadership and support to team members and provide cover when Shipping Logistics Manager is absent.
- Maintain service standards and retain business by responding promptly to customers’ requests for quotes for products and delivery. Liaise with responsible warehouse and gate house to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Check and acknowledge all orders. Where applicable enter order details onto suppliers’ own systems.
- Create accurate documentation so that all shipments can be transported and delivered as soon as possible.
- Monitor the status of each shipment throughout the shipment process so that customers can be kept informed. Always let customers know when their deliveries are due.
- Complete stock checks to ensure that deliveries are complete and correct.
- Arrange stock deliveries from the port to the customer according to customer requirements.
- Liaise between the suppliers and customers regarding any complaints or queries.
- Keep accurate records so that invoices, reports and statistical information can be produced. Ensure that all accounts are completed for month end.
- Be aware of any potential claim for loss/damage and assist the claims department with any potential/auctioned claim.
- Procure transport at best prices
- Accept calls on company mobile to deal with out of hour’s issues.
What we do for you
This is a key role in a dynamic office, we offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups.
If you have knowledge of delivering first class customer service in a fast-paced and diverse environment, please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor by clicking 'APPLY' to submit, no later than 22nd September 2017and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.