Can you deliver on best practices in areas as Routing, Switching and WIFI in an international and growing company?
Working as part of the IT communication Team this role will have an operational responsibility for infrastructure and that service level agreements for networking are met for supported network equipment and services. You will be working close with four technically skilled & talented employees, reporting to the IT Communication Manager, be part of Group IT and based at DFDS Headquarters in Copenhagen.
Due to the nature of the business requirements, e.g. the DFDS Fleet, where each individual ship, are to be considered as separate Datacenters, it is important to operate with a standard DFDS Setup that maps up to best practices in areas as networking and security. Due to the DFDS Fleets high availability and support requirements, planned activities and upgrades will sometimes need to be completed outside of core hours. You will work closely together with the other infrastructure departments, other IT departments & third party providers.
Your role includes the following;
• IT network design and operation
• Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, Wireless Equipment
• Physically troubleshoot various network components on network infrastructure including routers, switches and Wireless Equipment
• Providing technical support and mentoring to other members of the teams
• Creation, update and maintenance of the technical knowledgebase and documentation
• Review and dispatch network incidents and service requests from helpdesk system
Expected background and skills
We expect you to have a solid technical background combined with a relevant education within IT. You have several years of practical experience in small, medium to large international enterprise infrastructure within an IT organisation. Moreover, you are passionate about software and hardware and motivated by technical challenges.
We expect you to have the following professional qualifications
• Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including routing/switching, VLANS, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks, 3G/4G Experience
• experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks;
• Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, EIGRP, etc.
• Ability to configure network elements
• Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
• Experience with standardized processes based on ITIL best practice.
• Fluency in oral and written English as well as Danish
Furthermore, possession og skills within Network Management and surveillance tools would be an advantage
Exciting job in a dynamic organization
We offer you an interesting position, which is centrally placed in a global and dynamic company. DFDS IT organization consists of 150 employees, who are located both centrally at HQ, and decentrally all over Europe. On daily basis, you will get to work with a professional and reliable relatively small team and in an international environment where it is crucial always to communicate with mutual respect and an understanding for different cultures. You will be part of an informal working culture with competent colleagues. For the right candidate DFDS offers good career opportunities within the group depending on your expertise and interests.
If you have questions for the position please contact IT communication Manager Jan Svane at +45 51182718
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English by clicking SEND APPLICATION no later than October 5th 2017 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.