Are you driven by taking responsibility and ensuring that financial controlling and reporting is performed with highest quality and standards in a listed company? Then this centrally placed position as Financial Controller might be the next step in your career
You will be part of the finance department responsible for the financial statements of DFDS A/S, which is the listed entity and the DFDS Group’s largest operating entity and with a significant balance sheet. The department consists of 40 people, of which 32 are placed in our Finance Service Center (FSC) in Poland. You will work closely together with two other colleagues in the financial controlling and reporting team in Copenhagen and report to our Chief Accountant.
The finance department is part of the Group Accounts & Tax department in DFDS House, which in total comprise 23 people. Together with your two colleagues you will among others have the following responsibilities:
• Secure that the monthly financial reporting is completed in right time and highest quality
• Work closely together with the FSC to secure deadlines and quality are met
• Secure that all balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled and documented – this is done jointly together with the FSC
• Secure proper controlling and accounting of fixed assets and the company’s building of new ships
• Budgeting, cost controlling and reporting of centralised HQ cost centers, including continuously improving quality therein. Close dialogue with and support to the individual cost center managers
• Improve and maintain internal controls and effective accounting procedures, and secure compliance with DFDS Group requirements
• Participate in implementing and updating IT-systems and processes – also for projects across the Group
• Participate in group wide accounting projects which have the aim to share best practice to the benefit of the entire Group
• Secure proper accounting and reporting to EU of projects where EU subsidies have been obtained. This is done together with operational departments
• Prepare and document the annual report of DFDS A/S in accordance with IFRS, including collaboration with our auditors
Experienced Financial Controller ready for the next challenge
We believe you have minimum three years of experience from a similar position or solid experience within the finance and accounting area and have a relevant education such as cand.merc.aud., HD(R) or similar. It is important that you are an expert in general accounting practice; you master “debit and credit” and balance sheet reconciliations; and you have a good understanding of accounting processes from “cradle-to-grave”. We expect you to have very good knowledge in MS-Office applications, super user in Excel and you are used to work in finance systems. Excellent verbal and written Danish and English is a prerequisite.
As a person you have a systematic and analytical approach to work. You are a hands-on person who is not afraid of varied tasks. You have good communication skills and can work in a team across cultural and national differences. It is important that you can work independently and take great responsibility. You are robust and have a good sense of humor. You must expect some business travel – estimated up to 20 days per year.
Exciting career opportunities
We offer an interesting workplace with high professional standards and you will become part of a successful listed company. For the right candidate this position could be a good stepping-stone for moving into other finance roles in the DFDS Group – both in Denmark as well as abroad.
If you have questions to the position please contact Chief Accountant Lene Kümpel, +45 3066 3501. All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you find the job interesting and you can fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English latest October 1st 2017 by clicking SEND APPLICATION. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.