Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Team Leader / Transport Planner in the Transport Department of DFDS Logistics, based in Dublin. The role is to assist in the cost effective planning of loads to and from Irish ports and the leadership & development of a team of planners.
Who we want… The successful candidate will be required to lead and develop a team of planners in line with
- Planning of daily timed collections and deliveries
- Allocation of all loads to hauliers as booked by the customer, bearing in mind the cost,
customer service requirements and equipment availability
- Regular tracking to ensure quality of service versus plan
- Liase with colleagues in Dublin regarding a co-ordinated planning approach
- Liase with hauliers regarding administration queries
- Assist in procurement of new hauliers and growing haulier data base
- Any other duties within reason that are requested by your Manager
- 3rd level qualification ideally in transport sector
- Experienced people manager
- Have a flexible approach to the working shift patterns to cover the role
- Can show examples of own initiative and forward planning
- Commitment to customer service
- Working knowledge of logistics industry and strong geographical awareness of Ireland
- Experience in dealing with customers and drivers (hauliers)
- Knowledge of windows based software and planning systems
- Attention to detail with particular reference to data input
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you feel you have the ambition and drive, with the strategic capabilities, to succeed in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application to Rebecca Bennett, HR Advisor in English by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4th August 2017 and preferably earlier, as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.